Monday, January 6, 2014

My Sister.

 
As part of my "Pre-Baby Bucket List" I really wanted to spend time with just my sister, Angie, who is in town for the two weeks over Christmas.  My sister stayed with us for a month when I went into labour with Gabriel and was an infinite source of support and care in those first few weeks.  She did everything and witnessed the complete vulnerability that comes with bringing a little life into the world.  I don't even want to imagine how much harder it would have been if she hadn't been there.  And it was such a bonding experience for her to meet Gabriel is his first days of life.  Sometimes I feel like she's the older sister, the way she took care of us. She is so strong and beautiful, caring and selfless.  Watching her with Gabriel, I just know that someday she will make a fantastic mother!  And cannot wait until I get to hold her little one someday in the future, if and when the day comes.

On Saturday, we visited Baldwin Village in the afternoon and had a long leisurely lunch at Cafe la Gaffe--a cute little French Cafe on Baldwin Street, that she thought was completely adorable.  We sat and talked about childhood memories, future plans and the upcoming birth.  It was so leisurely and sweet to be able to spend this precious time together before life changes again for us and before she goes home.


And afterwards, we hopped a couple of streets over the Art Gallery of Ontario to check out the "Great Upheaval" exhibit--our shared love of great art.  


It was a lovely luxurious afternoon.  Only wish she could stay longer!  Honestly, what would I do without you in my life?  I am so glad that our Gabriel will get to experience life with a sibling.  I am sure that they will likely grow up with their own rivalries and jealousies like most siblings.  (Oh, we have many many stories about those years.... )  Sure, we know how to drive each other completely nuts on occasion, but I guess that just comes with knowing someone the best.  And really, I just feel pretty darn fortunate.

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment