Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Pre-Baby Bucket List: A "Babymoon"


So, I'm not a big New Year's Resolution person.  The way I see it, if I plan on changing anything in my life, it needs to happen in the NOW rather than waiting for a new year to swing around to get to it.  I don't know, maybe next year I'll compile a fun list to start batting at but probably not this year.  Probably not with a baby on the way.

So instead, to ring off the New Year, I've started creating a Pre-Baby Bucket List of items that I hope to knock off as the baby gets nearer and nearer to arrival.  And if some of them don't happen, that's ok, but here's the first and most important one, what my cousin likes to call a Baby-Moon.


Our "Baby-Moon":  I figured my husband and I wouldn't have a lot of time together alone just the two of us for quite some time.  So number one on my list was just that.  We spent an evening in Roncesvalles on a date, just us.  We love Roncesvalles with all of its little restaurants, cafes and some fun little shops.  We went out for dinner at the jostling cheerful Pizzeria Defina.  From the moment we walked in, I felt like I was a regular by the way we were treated, like they knew our names or something.  I was half-expecting a kiss on the cheek.  And they plopped those warm gooey brick oven pizzas right in front of us in 10 minutes flat.  Might just have found the "love-of-my-life-pizza-place" in Toronto!


Afterwards we headed up the street to the Revue Cinema to catch a film.  I'm not really into the big Cineplexes with the crowds and the plethora of bad movie selections.  This place was perfect.  One great film, one theatre--quiet and quaint.  Even with a baby on the way, I considered getting a movie pass to this place because I definitely plan on going back!         

And because the film ended at a decent time and we had a free sitter at home (thanks family!), we stopped at our favorite Italian restaurant, Grappa on the Queensway for dessert.  It was really special to get all dressed up and have a date with my husband.  Sometimes, we get so caught up in the bustle of the day--the routines, the meals, the day-to-day must-dos that we usually collapse into the evenings.  So I loved being able to spend some time with just him and talk--you know, real, unstilted conversation.  Hoping we can still do this, even once baby girl comes!

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment