Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Little Date with my Littlest Guy.


In some ways, I am glad baby has chosen not to arrive yet, because it meant that yesterday I got to spend another morning with Gabriel all to ourselves and go on a little 'date.'  And so we were able to knock another item off our Pre-Baby Bucket List. (Other 'Bucket List' items can be found here, here and here).  Gabriel was pretty excited about going on a 'date.'

I remember as a kid going on little 'dates' with my parents at various times.  Those were always special--whether it was to Tim Horton's for a doughnut or McDonald's for a cheeseburger, having one-to-one time with one of our parents was kind of neat.  I'm glad my parents did that and it's something that we plan to continue with our kids as they get older--get a little dressed up and make it a 'date.'  Even the simplest of excursions can be made to feel special, can't it?

Bloor West Village is a family favorite hot spot of Toronto's little villages--fresh flowers, bakeries, coffee, butchers, boutiques.  It's a great place to wander around for a couple of hours.  So, on the recommendation of a friend, we popped into the Bread & Roses Bakery Cafe on Bloor St. West for a little mama-son date.  There were some really great delicacies to choose from and Gabriel picked out a little gingerbread man for himself.  And of course we got some hot chocolate and sat outside in the now-warmining-up Toronto air.  We clinked our hot chocolates to 'us' and our date before heading across the street to Chapters to play with the trains.

 Not sure who the "baby" one was for.  Me?  Or my little boy? 

Our time with Gabriel is precious.  I am so glad that I decided to take off the extra time to spend with him in lieu of going back to work straight away.  And in all honesty that was just how it had to work out this time with our move and another baby on the way, so I feel like we sort of lucked out.  It won't be long before he is in kindergarten some day and we'll be looking back wondering where it all went, I'm sure!

You Might Also Like:

No comments:

Post a Comment