Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pool Party for the Mamas.


One of the cherries on the top of the "Being a Mama" cake is automatic enrollment in the mama club.  And one of the great things about being in the mama club is ladies nights out.

I was so lucky to stumble into Victoria who connected me with some mamas in Toronto when we first moved here.  Since then, I have made some wonderful friends.  We are all so very very different, even perhaps in our parenting but it's been so great to have being a mama in common.  People to affirm and be affirmed by, people who share their struggles and success stories.  When things go really off the rails, I have these women who are all going or have gone through similar issues.  It helps me realize that that what I am going through as a parent is completely normal and that I am not crazy!

So last week we had a little pool party for the ladies.  We talked about our children, sure, but there were plenty of other topics on the table too.  And with no little ones running around to keep an eye on, we all got to actually talk and get to know each other a little bit more.  We ate and took a late night swim before calling it quits at a somewhat decent hour in lieu of early morning calls.  I have to say, it was one of our best nights yet!  Sometimes it's nice putting being a woman first.  Mostly I spend so much time wearing my mama hat, I forget.


Thanks Vic for hosting!!  And thank you mamas for being in my life!
 
You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment