Sunday, July 27, 2014

Our Family Wall.


Despite taking millions of photos over the past couple of years, there has always been a serious lack of personal photos displayed in our house. Sure, I look at our photos nearly everyday on our computer, but the kids don't get to see them that often.  I started really thinking about that and how I want them to see photos of their family, grandparents, etc.  One of Gabriel's favorite things to do is go on instagram and check out our own photos.  You may have noticed that I "liked" some of my own photos.  That was Gabriel. (He's also added friends, deleted contacts and liked other people's photos, I came to find out).  So having some concrete photos in our house looked like a good idea.

I spent a couple of days looking around Pinterest for inspiration--what I liked and didn't like.  Then set to work in the basement laying out frames we already had before picking up a few more.  I just kept playing around with it until I was happy with it, then ordered photos and TADA! (Well, not quite, it took a little more planning than that--balancing, creating templates, leveling...).

The kitchen has always been one of my least favorite rooms in this house.  It's just so big and dark, but creating a photo wall really changed this room a lot.  In fact, it is likely one of my favorite rooms in our house right now.  Gabriel loves standing there looking up at photos and pointing out people.  I think it's fun for him to see pictures of us getting married and his grandpa conducting.  We added a few really old photographs of some great-grandparents too.  Selecting photos was one of the hardest jobs I have to say; there are just so many I wanted to put up.  But at some point you just have to stop, right?  I think it will also have to be a bit of a work in progress--switching up photos as time goes on. 


So fun expending a little bit of creative energy lately around this house and making it feel a little bit more like ours. 

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment