Thursday, April 4, 2013

Because BBQ solves everything.


So, the switch from two naps to one is super fun! Yay! Not.  Our morning may have looked a little something like this.

For those of you who have not undergone this change, it is a little bit confusing for sure...  I'm not sure if I am coming or going.  Literally. And neither is Gabriel--he's been so tired, he's been tripping all over the place and is sporting several new bumps.  And waking up crying and crying early in the morning and needing a nap only a couple hours later.  Or, inversely, not needing a nap until middle of the afternoon.  I waver between reassuring him that he is OK and trying to hold him while he burrows down into my lap, leaving a trail of snot down my shirt.

Topped by the fact that none of us have been sleeping really great--something about all the upcoming changes in our lives... (More on that later). And we've had a few rough mornings on our hands, and many coffees.  This morning, in a less than gracious moment, I yelled at the dog. Then I hugged him and felt awful.  I know he's been feeling the stress too, knowing our lives will change again soon.

So after another desperate morning, where Gabriel fell asleep in the stroller, mid-walk, we were anxious for a change of pace and decided to meet Jordan in the city for supper at Hill Country BBQ.  It was the perfect distraction for all of us and a celebration of future Texas travels for Jordan.


You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. If the transition to 1 nap/day is so rough, maybe G's not ready for that yet?? I remember being shocked at how easy the transition to 1 nap/day was (for us). Fiona was glad to be up a little longer in the morning and crash immediately after lunch, instead of at 2pm-ish. Didn't notice a difference in bedtime though. I have a feeling transitioning OUT of a nap will be Hell-ish for us though...you win some you lose some... good luck!

    ReplyDelete