Saturday, November 29, 2014

My Gingerbread Man: A Gabriel Date


Yesterday, during one of Maggie's big naps, Gabriel and I took some time to build a gingerbread house.   As it turned out the pieces were all a bit mismatched and didn't fit the frame it came with but it still came together and we had fun doing it.  Gabriel warmed up the icing and then cut open the bags of candies.  They went rolling all over the floor and he had to rescue them.  And by rescue, I mean eat.  He giggles the whole time saying, "That's S(f)unny!" and grin his big toothy grin. 

So the house ended up looking a little sloppy, because like I've said before, cake decorating and all that fancy stuff with baking is not really my thing.  And I was busy trying to slow down the intake of Gabriel's sugar.  But it was really fun to build with Gabriel.  As he is getting older, he is really into building things and some of his favorite youtube videos are ones where they put trucks and houses and helicopters together.  I can tell already that Lego will be our best friend moving into the future, just like it was for both my husband and I.


With the two littles, naptimes and our weekends full of photo-shoots as we head into the holiday season, we might have to get a bit more creative in finding ways to celebrate from home from time to time.  And so this is one of those dates.  A "date-in" at our house.

Hope your weekend is wonderful and filled with cheery Christmas adventures!

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment