Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Snow!


Yes, it's true.  There is snow in Toronto!  To me November is one of those months I find a little bit hard.  The colours from October are usually dwindling and with no snow on the ground, everything just feels a little glum.  It's synonymous with February for me--the dead of winter when it's so cold and the snow is crusty and covered in dirt.  You sort of feel over winter but it's not over with you, yet. 

This November has been pretty intense this year.  With a growing photography business heading into Christmas season and a steadily growing client-base, weekends have been filled with shooting and weekdays with editing and working with clients.  All I can say is what a way to make November fly by!

And the leaves are still on the trees when snow hit the ground yesterday, so November, you barely left us with anything to complain about!  It's definitely getting colder out and I am glad we ended up getting snowsuits for the littles already.  Some people might shy away from the cold but we are getting more excited to see the temperature drop so we can start working on the project in our backyard!  More on that later....

The first real snow day was pretty exciting around here.  "Wook, mommy.  Snow.  I wuv snow!  It's so pritty."  We pulled out those crispy new snowsuits to try them out.  Magdalene was a little bit less than thrilled about the cold and snow.  I keep forgetting she is like me with a body temperature on the cooler side.  She mostly cried and cried.  I really really hope that putting some extra layers on will help....  Or it's going to be a long winter kiddo!

And Gabriel.  Well, he was delighted.  He's started telling Anna and Eddy, our two Polish dolls that they need to put on their boots and snowsuits if they want to play outside in the snow. Yesterday, he wanted to bike around in it and throw snow everywhere.  We tried building a snowman, but it ended up being more of a tower he wanted to knock down... so we just went with it.


Also, working on my serious winter wardrobe and bought my first pair of real Canadian clunkers, which I happen to love.  If we are going to live here, we might as well embrace the snow and slush and cold!  And make ourselves comfortable.


 Happy Winter!!

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment