Monday, November 3, 2014

The Studio.



Welcome to the Magnolia Coasts Studio!! 

Well.... I've basically been up until midnight for the past several of weeks setting up studio, doing set design, researching ideas, researching equipment and experimenting with my camera, problem-solving and working with new editing software.  I think I've been putting in 25+ hours a week between late nights, weekends and nap times.  I cannot tell you how much I have learned so quickly.  And just when I think I've got something all figured out, I learn something new and it just opens up a whole new world.

So far this has been an exciting adventure and one that I have LOVED every minute of--from contacting and working with clients, developing relationships, doing marketing, design work, studio creation, technical work, and photo shoots, etc.  Can I just say how awesome it is to work for myself in a field that I am passionate about!!

I love our new studio.  It's as comfortable as being in our own livingroom, which, of course, is the entire point. Full of light and airy with rich browns. Looking forward to playing around with it over the next little while.  

Being a stay-at-home mother has been amazing (and tough).  And I am so glad that I have had these past few years to spend with Gabriel and now Magdalene.  I so very much look forward to doing the same with Magdalene and continuing to be home for Gabriel.  But I have to admit, there is something that is really fulfilling about now having something outside of being a mama.  Something that is sort of my own and something that I completely love all aspects of, something to challenge my brain and creativity.  But I have to admit, balancing expectations, workload and parenting where there are so few defined times and spaces, well, that will be interesting!


You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment