Friday, May 31, 2013

Waxing Nostaglic from Rainy Squamish.



While readjusting to Squamish life, mainly the quieter life, and the rain, we have spent many hours inside looking out (although we do often take a jaunt out anyway, in our rain wear regala every day, despite the rain).  As such, I've been able to exchange a few emails with my friends in Washington, who I miss very much.  They are keeping me in the loop and, to be honest, a little bit sad we are now so far away.  I think a part of me really hopes we will take a visit back there again.

I've also spent a little bit of time sifting through our photos and stumbled upon one of our last days in Virginia, spent with my dear friend Ina and her little one, Dahlia at the National Harbour.  We really liked it there and it was a beautiful day full of sunshine.  There are many little shops, the Children's museum which we never did have time to visit, and little cafes and restaurants all tucked in close to the water.

You know when you just meet someone and you just "click?"  I had the good fortune of having that experience with my small little group of friends in Arlington, and definitely one of those people was Ina.  We just sort of got each other.  And it was the same for our little ones.  They played so nicely together, mostly giving each other hugs and Dahlia just has the most adorable little pigtail; it is so tug-able!  Don't you think?  Admittedly, Gabriel can be a little rough, but Dahlia takes it all in stride, afterall, she does have two older siblings.

So, because I am missing Washington tonight and having just got an email from one of my Arlington friends, for the sake of nostalgia, I'm posting a few pictures tonight.


I think this is supposed to be a man swimming, although he looks like he is drowning.  The point was sort of lost on me...


Got to admit, I've tucked these sundresses away for awhile, it's too cold here!  Come on sun!


I mean, come on!!  Look at that pigtail.  It's irresistable!


Hugs from Squamish, all the way across the continent and the border, to you!  We miss you!!

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment