Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Stream and Boy and Big Fluffy Dog.


So, we’ve swapped out our dress shirts and dresses for jeans with rips in the knees and trail shoes. We are back out on the paths by the river with the dog diving into the stream and frolicking through the lilies.  Since being back in our old stomping grounds, our Abe dog couldn’t be any happier! He's more lively, but peaceful.  His eyes are less red, even with all of the traveling. He knows he's home, he knows where his bed is and if he needs a break from all of us, there is always a cool yard to flake out in.  And Gabriel has a yard that he can push his truck around in, chase the dog and hide in the bushes.  He's delighted.  And so are we just watching them.

  
There will likely be moments when we wish were still in DC--for our friends, the Smithsonian, the National Mall, the various restaurants and the fact that I can kind of get away with wearing dresses/skirts and a big broad-rimmed hat.  Mostly I miss our friends there. But, as I look at the beauty around me and know that our little family is so happy here, I know that this is home, this is where we need to be right now. And until my DC friends migrate to the West Coast, as I know some of them will, I'll keep taunting you with images from the ocean and the mountains.



You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Now you're just being mean :) Seriously, these photos are absolutely spectacular...I showed Erik your post from yesterday and he just sighed and said (in a very un-Erik-like manner) "I miss mountains". We miss you but are so glad you're happy back on your own stomping grounds. You're making me miss the West Coast and really, really wish we had a backyard!

    ReplyDelete