Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Late Night Painting Sessions

It's one am.  And I am staring at the painting above the fireplace.  Correction.  My painting.  Not sure how I feel about this new adventure.  Highschool was a long time ago and I am feeling incredibly rusty.  A few sleepless nights filled with the exhilaration of inspiration, the afterglow of our visit to the Torpedo Factory, was followed up a trip to the arts supply store and the almost completing emptying of tubes of paint onto canvas.  It started out with an image in my head, but somehow this wasn't it.  But sometimes I think the process of making art isn't as selfish as emptying the beauty in your head as it is working with the canvas and allowing your brush to do what it wants to do.  That's what I discovered over the past couple of late night sessions.  Every time I tried to make it do what I wanted, I ended up having to paint over it.  Or maybe I was just too terrified to actually to really "let go."
Anyway, it's still not done.  But it sits there taunting me from its perch above the fireplace.  I think I have a lot to learn but it's a start and it's an outlet for the creativity....  Because obviously writing, blogging, gourmet cooking and photography aren't enough yet.  This is just a teaser....  Enjoy!

I promise the next post will be ALL about Gabriel and the wild things he is doing.  An update is long overdue.  This kid blows my mind!


See FINISHED PRODUCT.

2 comments:

  1. The vision in my head was a little more "Monet" then what actually came out. But you know, you take what you're given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. I've taken off the "word code" entry thing so people can comment easier. It was seriously impeding people's ability to post comments.

    ReplyDelete