Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Walk in the Park...


These pictures are pretty angelic really.  Not really the truth of the whole experience...  Admittedly.  But I hope my children remember going to the park and pretending to fish and climb trees and chase each other rather than the panic I felt in my brain that 1) Maggie would run into the lake, 2) Gabriel would fall in the lake while pretending to fish with his fishing rod made of a tree branch, 3) The dog would meet another dog and go ballistic toppling our stroller and dragging it and its contents all through the park, 4) One of the three of them would run into the busy road only meters from where we were standing, 5) One of them would eat goose poop, 6) That the stroller would topple over (dragged by the dog chasing another dog) walking a narrow stretch between the road and the lake, Maggie would topple into lake while Gabriel would run into the road and I would be the one with my face down in goose poop unable to stop any of it from happening.  What do we call this condition?  Mama-brain-induced-catastrophization? 


When did I become such a nut-job anyway?  But, when did taking three dependent bodies out for a stroll in the city's park become such a chaotic venture.  This is what I get from reading too many books or browsing too many of those precautionary articles on facebook.  Tell me, mamas, does anyone else go a little bit freaky when taking their multiple three-and-unders and/or dogs out to new places?

Anyways...... Here are some lovely pictures from my littles at the park today who are so deeply fond of each other and who, despite my constant precautionary commands, will hopefully remember it as a wonderful (safe) time. And can we just talk about how green and beautiful the grass is getting here!  I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment