Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Best Friend.



The littles have been tag-teaming naps for the past little while which means that, despite sharing a house, they don't always see each other that much during a day sometimes.  Often just as one is waking the other is going down and so on.

So the other day, Gabriel got up from his nap and I was just about to head upstairs with Maggie.  He says, "No mommy!  No nap!  Maggie's happy.  Maggie's playing.  Maggie's a best s(f)riend." In his sweet little voice of protest, his f's as s's.  I just about melted into a puddle right there in the middle of the floor.  Could anything make me happier?

And this is true.  They really are becoming very good friends as much as a toddler and a non-verbal crawling baby can be.  In the morning, when he hears her wake up, he very excitedly yells.  "Maggie's Wake!  I go and get her!"  He runs out of the room, flings her bedroom door open and somersaults into her crib (nearly on top of her).  And provided it's not too early, you can hear her squealing with delight while he bounces up and down in the crib beside her.  "Maggie's wake!  Maggie's wake!  She's SO happy!"  (x10).  And if everything goes well, I let them bounce around and cuddle and wrestle in there until I hear a wail from the next room.  They just love this time in the morning.  (I cannot get over the level of intense energy they have when I feel like such a slug in the morning.  I am not. A. Morning. Person. Period).

This doesn't mean their isn't jealously, scratches, the occasional bite now and then.  But they really do love each other and this makes my mama heart so very happy.  


I forgot to mention that the other day Gabriel closed the door to the bathroom with Magdalene inside with him.  The two were giggling away.  Apparently having a great time splashing in the dog dish and Gabriel was encouraging her to eat dog food.  (Not like she needed the encouragement).... They are a high-energy, fun-loving, co-conspiring dynamic duo and it all starts as early as 4:30 in this house (although not always--phewf)!

No comments:

Post a Comment