Monday, February 17, 2014

Family Day Weekend.


Happy Family Day Weekend!

So happy to have an extended weekend with my family.  Even though my husband ended up having to work the Saturday, we still made the most of our time together.  My sister flew in just for the weekend and brightened up our house with her joyful, energetic presence.  She took Gabriel out on his new bike that he got for his birthday and they dove into snowbanks yelling "Wiiiiippppeee-out!!!" and had bum races down the stairs.  They tore around the house with Gabriel on a blanket hanging on for dear life and played hockey in the kitchen, or livingroom or front entry.  Sometimes, she just has the energy of a little kid and it's adorable.  It makes me feel like I'm not nearly as much fun as she is.  I don't wear ski pants and dive into snowbanks.  Mostly I'm pushing the baby around in the stroller, coaxing Gabriel to keep going so I can get home to make supper, but I guess that's the luxury and novelty of having an auntie come and visit. 

We had several lovely dinners together and Jordan took Gabriel skating a couple of times and skiing.  He's like a big kid too.  He comes home from work and can't wait to get Gabriel in his snowsuit and go play outside.  He doesn't say this but it's like he's been waiting all day (while working) to get home and have some real fun.


These days are a paradox of joyous frustrations--moments of elation, exhaustion, tears and cuddles. I'm thankful for these beautiful little creatures who sometimes baffle my mind, but mostly make me feel like my heart is just going to explode.

Photo credit:  My lovely sister Angela

And thank you lovely sister for flying all the way here just to spend a weekend with us.  We love you!

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment