Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Baby shower for Jackie, Mama-to-be!


There is just something about throwing a good party for a great friend and having people over that just makes me feel complete.  And so even in the midst of we-are-almost-moving chaos, my dear friend Jackie's baby is shortly on the way, so we just had to throw her a shower!!

 Jackie, the mama-to-be!

My friend Sara and I co-hosted a party at our place, had fun planning and decorating for it.  (Have to admit that I really, really love this stuff; maybe I should have been a party/wedding planner in another life). 


The day was beautiful and we got to see many many of our friends and a few of hers that I hadn't met yet.  Everyone brought food and it was delicious and we all wrote down wonderful things about "How we know Jackie will be a great mother" because we know in fact that she will be--the queen of homemade (pies, cookies, jam, quilts), adventurer (biking, climbing, hiking, kayaking), organized planner, an advocate, no-nonsense and mind-your-manners mama, and a caring, compassionate, loyal and involved friend.   


Jackie looked beautiful.  We cannot wait to meet her little baby boy and see her as a mama!!!  I mean, what is better than experiencing new life?!  I only wish I could be here to see her little one.  Thank goodness for skype until I someday meet this little bundle.


Ps.  A few friends asked for the Rhubarb punch recipe.  And here it is right here!


You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment