Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Decade of Us.



Ten years ago, on a hot, hot day in July, I stood, a young bride, at the front of a church, sweating buckets while facing my nervous-looking soon-to be-husband.  We promised ourselves to each other for the rest of lives, no matter what obstacles we might face, a promise we have held true to. 

To me, it seems ages and ages ago even if it's only been 10 years.  I feel like we both are different people than the young sparkling eyed spring chickens we were that day.  But somehow, despite living in sometimes in different countries and different time zones, we have managed to grow and change together to develop into a partnership that I am very proud of and thankful for.

Lucky for me, Jordan is my best friend.  We started out as friends first and foremost--a good foundation for our marriage.  He has always inspired me to be a better person, encouraged me to follow things I am passionate about at the expense of doing the same for himself, challenged me when he thought I was ever taking an easy way out or going about something a wrong way.  He'd question me in order to encourage me to think for myself, he has always supported me, and... of course, provoked me too because every good relationship needs a healthy dose of "conflict." He has loved me despite my many flaws.  He is everything a good husband should be and I am endlessly thankful for him.

So, here is to ten years!  Ten amazing, adventurous years.  I cannot wait to see where the next ten years take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment