Wednesday, October 8, 2014

New Ventures!!


It's been nearly two years of traveling around and photo-documenting our lives to sharing with the world, our family and friends.  What an incredible journey it has been, one that has been both reflective and fulfilling  I have loved it and found that blogging kept me going and pulled me out some of those slumps we are all prone to when tired, overwhelmed or discouraged.  It's been a source of motivation and connection to family and friends that we don't often get to see.

While I have spent the first several years of my career life as a teacher, it was a job that, for me, was as frustrating and stressful as it was fulfilling and rewarding.  My last year as a teacher before I went on leave to start a family, was incredible.  It was, by far, my favorite year, classes full of cheerful, kind students and much more balance in my life.  Perhaps a good ending note for my teaching career?  Time will tell.  But I've never been one to stand still in one place for too long.  Maybe one day, when I am ready again, I'll come back to teaching.

For now, on to other ventures!  Perhaps with a camera in tow, my most recent passion, one that thrills me, keeps me up in the evenings (when I should probably be asleep) and one that makes me eager to jump out of bed in the mornings.  Through my blogging journey, my love of photography has only grown over the past few years and I have found that more and more a camera has become an extension of my body. Both the photos I capture and the blog are a positive creative outlet for me.    That's the kind of thing I need right now. 

I still intend to keep the blog running.  But, check out the new site that's been developed for Magnolia Coasts Photography.  And if you so feel inclined and want to support me in my venture, you can find Magnolia Coasts Photography on Facebook.  And give me a "LIKE." 

Thanks friends and family for your support and encouragement on this new path!

No comments:

Post a Comment