Saturday, September 13, 2014

Down By the River.

Today is suuuuuuuppper rainy and dark and we are all feeling a little slumpy.  I guess we need it after all the sun we've had lately.  But it's with mixed feelings that I have started looking at and ordering fall/winter gear for the children--rain suits, rain boots, hats and mittens, parkas, winter/rain boots.  Can you believe I bought Maggie a snowsuit already?  I'm not really expecting snow very very soon.  But you never know, I mean, you heard about Calgary! 

I am looking forward to fall and winter.  Really, I am.  But it's also a little bit depressing.  So I thought I would perk things up with some leftover summer photos from down by the river.  We spent a lot of days out walking/biking with the dog and the littles this summer and many days down by the river throwing rock after rock after rock.  It's really all Gabriel wants to do and Abe too, so we indulge them from time to time. 

Anyway, the other week there were so many incredible wildflowers down there, we barely made it down to the river at all.  It was hard not to stop and pick and pick and pick.  I miss our garden from back in BC just a little bit on days like that.  So I'm glad there are so many flowers on the trails that we can admire without having to do all the work.


Ok, I think that's officially it.  The last of the summer photos.  Hello fall!

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment