Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tea Party


So it is sort of ironic that the other day I was just taking a very early sneak peek at tea sets for Magdalene, you know, when she gets older.  I was surfing around the internet and spotted this.  Oh, how I love Etsy!

Anyway, and so we had friends Marta and Maria over the other day, and as we always do, I served tea and cookies.  Sure enough, Gabriel wanted to try some tea and so did his little friend.  So we served up some watered down caffeine-free tea in our china cups (another etsy find from Honey and Bumble!) and they loved it!  I think they felt very grown up.  Or, because on that day it was so cold out, it was a nice way to warm everyone up.

Then they tore around the house shrieking and playing and fighting over toys as toddlers do.  But there was that precious moment when we were all sitting there and Gabriel and Maria, covered in chocolate from their cookies picked up their tea cups by the handle and just looked so adorably sophisticated.  You know, before he started blowing bubbles in his.... 

I have to say that I am looking forward to when Gabriel might host a tea party for his little sister (or vice versa).  They will prop up the dolls and stuffed animals including HervĂ©, Gabriel's monkey in chairs and have tea while munching on cookies at their little table complete with a little bouquet of fresh daisies and back-lit by the morning sun.

Of course, maybe he'll be too old for that or be really into the other interests in his life.  Or maybe Magdalene won't be into tea.  And it will be just me, sitting at the little tablet, a fist of daisies, my little tea set and the company of stuffed toys and dolls.  I suppose that's OK too.


Whatever the future holds, there is tea in it. Bring on the tea!  And cookies please!

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment