Thursday, November 28, 2013

Christmas Sweaters and Cookies.


Today we had a really fun morning at a cookie party, hosted by my friend Victoria, with some of our other mama friends from our play group.  It has been really great meeting other mamas who are also at home with their kids and looking for things to do with their littles.  We met some of these women within weeks of moving to Toronto and it's been a great source of support just knowing there are other mothers out there to talk to, who encourage each other and just to hang out with. 

Victoria, well, this woman knows how to host a mean cookie exchange!  She had all the rules out to us in advance, prizes, snacks etc. and it was pretty fantastic.  Let me tell you, because I've now sampled a corner of each type, that there were no duds in there!  And they were all packaged up so nicely with wrapping and ribbons.  I didn't even want to open them, they were so pretty!   Koodoos to "Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread" mama who wowed me with her cookie.  (And included the recipe!!  I mean, how perfect is that?)


With Christmas coming up soon, we all got into our various Christmas outfits to celebrate.  There were bows, shirts, leggings.... tacky Christmas sweaters.  How fun!



Thanks mamas for sharing your baking (because if it took you as much time as it took me to make seven dozen cookies with a toddler running around, you are a superwoman), your experiences, your encouragements.  I'm so enjoying getting to know you.

Now...  whatever am I going to do with my almost five dozen cookies?  Playdate anyone?
 
You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment