Wednesday, November 18, 2015

2nd Date of Christmas: The Gingerbread House


 So...  since about mid-October, it's been looking a little bit like Christmas around here thanks to the Photography business and all the studio preparations.  I am pretty sure I've started before there were even Christmas items in the stores.... 

Anyway, so with all that going on, I'm in the really really early stages of Christmas spirit.  I am looking at my full weekends coming up to the Holidays and I am a whole lot of sad to be missing time with my family on these weekends.  Although I have slotted a few weekend days to ourselves to do Christmasy things.  But during the week in little moments like this afternoon that we will be together (the kids and I) carrying on or starting new holiday traditions.

Today, it was sort of dark and gloomy come 4pm, so we pulled out the gingerbread kit and Christmas decorations and finished decorating the house and then built it and decorated the little gingerbread house.  Can I just say is there ever enough candy or icing in those kits?  I think they need to start factoring in the toddler factor.  ;)



And just as we were finishing, Gabriel gave us a little impromptu serenade of "twinkle, twinkle little star."  And even though it isn't very Christmasy really, it was cute and the simple fact that he was banging around on the piano singing it out of tune was my little blessing of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment