Monday, September 21, 2015

Apples!!!


Today was a beauty day for picking apples.  I just couldn't bare the thought of spending another second inside our house after the claustrophobic weekend we spent working wayyyy too much and not enough time outside with the kids.   

So we took off on a spur of the moment decision to pick apples--a plan I had made on Saturday but was cancelled with the rain we had.  Our favorite orchard--Carl Laidlaw, isn't open on weekdays, so we visited a small orchard across from Downey's Farm instead.  It wasn't busy at all and the orchards are well maintained.  It doesn't have all the flair that Car Laidlaw has, but for us on a lazy Monday morning, it was perfect.  (Except we didn't bring a picnic lunch and Downey's doesn't offer anything during the week).  

The kids picked apples and hoped in and out of the little red wagon a million times.  They filled up the basket and sucked on the apples I had polished clean.  I let Gabriel take a few pictures on my camera.  He is always very careful and I think he might have an eye for it.  It's very cute to see.  He says "Ok everyone, say cheese!" in a commanding voice and then he snaps a million photos just like I do.


I can't imagine that we have many of these 20 degree Celcius days left.  So we are trying to take advantage of every opportunity!!!  Can't wait to start making all sorts of apple creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment