Thursday, September 10, 2015

First Day Back to School.


First days of school are fraught with excitement, nervousness and a little bit of sadness.  For those sending their children to full days of school, it is the marker of the end of days spent together and a step more forward to independence. 

It was a big day for him, our little guy, struggling to survive days without naps.  After an icecream to celebrate the return of school and routine, he fell asleep in the car and then again on the bottom of the stairs after I pulled him out of the car.  I didn't have the heart to wake him, poor guy!  Maggie watched him adoringly while he slept...

When I dropped Gabriel off for his first day at school (now in the afternoons) Maggie was so sad to be leaving him behind.  She wailed his name all the way home. "Gabriel, Gabriel.  I want Gabriel!"  It was really sweet because really, she doesn't know much about life without him.  He is really her hero. 

But I am so looking forward to spending a little bit of time with just Maggie and I too, doing the things SHE really wants to do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment