Friday, August 14, 2015

DIY: Family Photoshoot


We decided this year, my parents' 35th wedding anniversary, that we would do something special.  We would all get together for a weekend in PEI and celebrate, have a nice dinner, go boating and have our family photo done.

So we organized it well, or thought we did, in advance.  We talked about clothing for pictures, photographers and locations and sleeping arrangements.  As it turns out, life happens and got in the way of pretty much everything, which meant people ended up crowding in together and were sleeping on the floor, pushing tables together in a hap-hazard fashion at the restaurant and trying desperately to get a hold of our photographer the morning of our shoot when she never contacted us beforehand.  In the end, it all turned out well, a little differently than expected when I ended up duct-taping my brand-new high-end professional camera to a broken 25+ year old tripod and running back and forth to get myself in the family photos, but I think we were all just delighted to all spend some time together (the first time in three years), have a good time, and get that family photo that I think mom and dad have been dreaming of for 30 years now.  I cannot wait to get it printed for them and for us and have it hanging on the walls of our various houses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment