Monday, March 9, 2015

I Wuv Mud Puddows!


Spring weather has FINALLY hit Toronto!  After months of cold cold weather, a short break in the cold and weather warm enough to start melting it all away. Even the rink in the back yard is finally staring to melt.

I don't even remember the last time I took the kids out for a long walk.  These days, even our trooper of a boy has been resisting going outside.

But it was warm enough that I actually let Gabriel go out without his snowsuit.  We celebrated spring by letting him drive through every puddle again and again and again.  He kept asking and asking to stay outside, one more lap around the park, one more puddle.  He declared with a throaty laugh, "I WUVE mud Puddows!"  He splashed and got stuck and came home dripping wet.

And then he spent what seemed like a good hour in the tub splashing around to clean up.  I cannot say how good it felt to be outside today, my bare face and hands basking in the sun.  It was tempting to take off our coats and just run around in sweaters although it's still a bit early for that I guess. 


I can't wait for Maggie and Gabriel and I to get our bright splash suits on and hit up the massive puddle in the park like we did last year.  YAY spring!!

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment