Friday, January 16, 2015

In our Element: Inspiration for Future Projects


Several years ago, I read a book called "The Element: How Finding your Passion Changes Everything."  It was a book that changed my life forever, one that probably led to ending my career as a teacher with the ambition of staying home with my children and finding a new place in the world, whatever that might be. 

It has meant that I have tried my hand a few different things, in a few different places and have met some really fascinating people along the way.  Most of those people are women like myself who are on the same adventure of juggling life with littles (often at home) with a career or other philanthropic ambitions. 

The Element talks about finding "your tribe" a group of like-minded people with whom you share a passion, and with whom, when your ideas are combined, the sum of which is much greater than each individual's vision.  Ideas fire off and multiply and take on a life of their own. 

I have experienced that feeling twice before and then again last night with some women from our mother's group.  Last night a small group of us spent time painting pottery at local "All Fired Up" on Bloor West (and later moved to a pub down the street for tea and desserts) while being inspired by each others' visions for future projects/adventures/creations.  I came home last night with my head full of ideas, and feeling so inspired, I wondered how I would ever sleep.  Cannot wait to connect again and start putting some of these adventures to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment