Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello 2015!





Last night I got to spend with two of my favorite people and arguably my two best friends--my husband and my sister.  What more could I want than to ring in the New Year with them while the littles slept cozily in their beds.  We got all glammed up, listened to some good tunes and chatted over bubbly before snapping a few photos to say goodbye to 2014 and hello to 2015! (Well before midnight I might add....  It was 2015 somewhere in the world, we figured, and on four hours of sleep, we knew we'd never make it to midnight).


 We have had an incredible year and here are just a few of the highlights:
  • The birth of our daughter, Magdalene. You can see some pictures here.
  • Gabriel turned 2!
  • We went on a trip to Anna Maria, Florida with friends.  You can find our pictures here, here,  here and here.
  • My sister-in-law, Rachael got married to the love of her life, Derek in Winnipeg.
  • We traveled to Newfoundland, a dream of mine (you can see our pictures here, here and here. to be a part of ChouChou and Fizey's wedding.  I took some photos but the best are from their professional photographer, Nate, which are here.
  • Husband completed his Masters (photos to come) and I launched a small business.   The website is here

    Most people who know me, know that I am not so big into resolutions.  But I do enjoy looking back at the year and reflecting on the major and minor accomplishments.  And then planning a few things to tick off the list in the New Year.  The thing is, a year is a long time (and paradoxically short at the same time).  So who knows what will come our  way this year. 

    This past year, 2014 was pretty incredible!  I cannot possibly imagine what 2015 has in store for us.  I can only imagine that it will have to be less ambitious (if only purely for our sanity) but with two high-energy children to keep up with, who knows!!  But here are a few goals, shall we say:
    • Spend more time with just husband - and go on dates just the two of us!  Dessert date, coffee date, icecream date, movie date.... you name it.  Simple but necessary.
    • Go on a trip with the family, anywhere, anytime, as long as we have the four of us. 
    • Explore more of this incredible city--inside, outside and not spend as much time at home.  I feel like we watched so much tv this year that Gabriel's brain nearly oozed out of his head.  But I think we were sometimes really in survival mode for at least eight months out of this year.  This year, the plan is to get OUT!
    • Make our way East to spend some long overdue time with family on the ocean. 


    Happy New Year all!  Hope your year was FAAABulous darling!  And that that fabulousness spills into this year too.

    xo From Toronto

    You might also like:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment