Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Best of 2012: Your Iconic Photo



I am currently going through the process of deleting photos (agad!) from my hard-drive.  That's right. My computer is starting to get too full which happens a) when you take 300 photos in a sitting, and b) when you have a baby.  On top of consuming all your camera space, cleaning up a hard-drive is the last thing you want to do with precious nap-time.  But alas, it's either do that or buy a plethora of hard-drives that will gather dust, eventually fall of a shelf, breaking and destroy all 100,000 of your photos (1000 of which were ones worth saving anyway!)

But I digress.  The monumental task of deleting thousands of not-so-great photos has led me stumble back upon some really terrific "iconic" photos, ones that sort of represent something bigger that happened this year.  I'd like to share some of them again with you.  But before I do that, I would like to encourage and invite YOU to submit a photo or two of your own!  I would be delighted to see a photo from 2012 that represents you or someone you love or somewhere you've been, either metaphorically or geographically.  Remember, this is your "icon" photo.  It doesn't have to be the best quality, just uniquely you.

I would LOVE to see your photos.  And if I have your permission, I will post them up here on my blog on Feb 5th.  Can't wait to see your "Best of 2012: Iconic Photo!"

Please submit all photos to: stephanie.potterdavey@yahoo.ca

Information to include:
Your name
Where you are from (country, province/state, not your street address)
One to two sentences about the photo (Who, what, where) and what makes it "iconic"

**What I like about this is that it forces you to sit down and distill all the photos into one moment, one photo that says it all.

Deadline: Monday, February 4th. 
Photos will come out Feb 5th.  Do it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment