Sunday, December 13, 2015

Fourth Date of Christmas: Toronto Christmas Market!

 
YAY!!  We made it to the Toronto Christmas Market!!  Over the past couple of years this has become one of our favorite things to do around Christmas time--head down to the Distillery District, see the lights, the big tree, go on the carousel with the kids, buy some poutine and check out the local shops and vendors. 

I think it has been months since we have gone out as a family to do anything and I was really, really missing it. Our kids are so much fun and full of life.  They really take in everything--exclaiming over the lights and stopping to count them, wanting pop into places and look at everything, dance and twirl to the music, petting little doggies in Christmas sweaters, sipping hot chocolate.

Because this has become an annual tradition, I feel like in some ways it really helps me to see the changes that have occurred over time.  I remember taking Gabriel (at almost 2) here when I was pregnant with Magdalene.  We got that picture with him sitting on my bump.  And he was running every which way through the crowds terrifying us with the thought he might get lost.  Now, he very often holds my hand and we walk and talk as we go about everything we see.  Meanwhile, Maggie (now almost 2) wants to do the same thing--run around like crazy while someone chases her. 







The big carousel is always the big ticket item.  The kids just love it.  They ride up and down pretending to race each other, yelling YEEEEHAAWWWW!  



I loved this moment today of Jordan just crouching down and talking and laughing with Magdalene.  I feel like it's just been so crazy and busy this fall that I have missed so many little tiny precious moments like this. 


One of the highlights for us today was watching Gabriel as he took pictures of us.  He was delighted that I would let him hold my camera (GASP!) and let him take a picture.  He is such a natural.  Anyone passing by would laugh and exclaim how cute.  But he really does know what he is doing you know.  He aims it right at you and almost perfectly centers it.  And when he's really on his game, he says, "SAY CHEESE!"  



Poutine!!!!!



 The tree!!  Best decorated tree in the city, I think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment