Thursday, October 8, 2015

Frolicking in Fall Leaves in James Gardens


Had a little bit of fun today in James Gardens with my kiddos.  Believe it or not, the fall leaves are very very behind here.  Here and there are some bright coloured trees.  But some of the major parks in this city still don't have many coloured leaves.  Let's hope that means an extended fall with beautiful golden light, crisp autumn air and a slow transition into a short winter! ;) 

We've never spent any time at James Gardens with my kids but it is such a beautiful spot with lots of lovely gardens and trails.  Many little bridges and ponds with ducks and geese.  The kids loved running through the trails, finding mucky puddles, climbing on the bridges, running through golden grasses, and throwing leaves around on the one small red leafed tree we found.  

We are still transitioning to life with only one toddler who naps.  This makes the days a little long and grumpy.  It seems impossible to get enough sleep to handle the hype of the day.  So these little morning adventures out are ways that we blow off some steam.  I always find my children are so much happier when they are outside running around freely.  And so am I.  Lately, I've just been turning off my phone while I am with them and just joining in all the little moments.   

Now that almost all my weekends are tied up with photoshoots, I am trying to make the most of our free weekdays to do things we might otherwise do on a weekend.  I am realizing how precious and limited my time with just them is.  My husband and I always talk about the fact that it won't be long before the kids will be off spending time with their friends--off to the park or a friend's house, or soccer practice, etc.   So as grumpy or tough as some moments, some days might be, we are trying to fill them up with lots of great memories and moments while I can.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment