Sunday, May 18, 2014

Afternoon Tea with My Mother.


My mother has always been a flowers, lace and tea person and I, quite frankly, never was.  It was my sister who had the china dolls and tea set that occupied her for hours.  I was more the girl who mucked around in the backyard playing with shovels, making mud pies and building frog habitats.  I preferred pants over dresses, abhorred lace and was bored about flowers.  But over the years I've grown to appreciate and love some of the fineries of life like loose-leaf tea and bunches of fresh cut flowers and hope it is an appreciation perhaps my children will take up as they get older. 

This week my parents are in town and so we followed up on a mother-daughter tea we promised each other for my birthday and mother's day.  The other afternoon, all the girls in the house went to afternoon tea at the Montgomery Inn on Dundas Street and we started Magdalene off with her very first afternoon tea.  She got all dressed up in my old pink frilly newborn dress and was most definitely a girly girl.  She cooed and smiled and delighted all the servers while we chatted over tea in the old heritage inn.  We are very much enjoying this little personality emerging from our little girl--all squeals and sloppy kisses and pouty lips.  We are very much enjoying this little personality emerging from our little girl--all squeals and sloppy kisses and pouty lips. 


Thanks for tea, Mother.  Maybe we can sneak in one more before you go.

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment