Sunday, February 10, 2013

And the results!

Here are the results from the Iconic Photo Contest!  Thanks to all the contributors.  I had such fun looking through the photos and getting your submissions.  Here are several photos that got submitted this year, in no particular order.

From Annie in London, Ontario.  "Fiona's Atlantic Ocean baptism"

"My two favorite people on a trip to Nova Scotia in August. This was the moment Fiona first felt the shock of the cool water. When I see this picture I can smell the salty ocean and feel the cool breeze & warm sun on my face. It also reminds me of the happiness and excitement that was in the air, as we had recently found out I was pregnant with our second baby."


From Tricia in Vancouver, BC.  "Luxembourg Wedding Weekend for the Grand Duke"

"I was there in October after going to Germany for work. It was incredible how much history was supporting the city, literally.  It's was especially "iconic" since the last single royal (the son of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg) was married in the town that same weekend.  Everything was special and beautiful about the city and it was a major contrast to Vancouver's beauty."

 From Angela in Charlottetown, PEI.  "Marilyn in the Hay."

This photo was snapped when we were on our way to the wedding but had to take a detour when the groom and his groomsmen arrived at the very same time, causing us to speed off and perform an impromptu photo shoot in a nearby field with our iphones.

From Peter in Gorham, Maine. "Caroling Pastor, Crooked Tie."

"Snapped while caroling with our wonderful church family. The fun part was, I had no idea the tie was crooked. Kind of adds to the crazed look!"

 From Michelle on Instagram.  "Lucky."

"My favorite part of 2012 was spending time with my puppy, Lucky."

From Tina in Squamish, BC.  "Eli and the sheep"

"Eli visiting grandparents sheep farm, a part of his heritage, and the reason why he loves the song 'Old McDonald.'"

From Margaret in Arlington, Va.  "Don't you dare brush my hair."

Little Corinne is not happy about having her hair brushed.  The year in summary.

From Sara in Squamish, BC. "Sparkles of Underwater Light"

"Kaida and I at Brohm Lake, having fun experimenting with the waterproof camera."

From Leah in Charlottetown, PEI.  "The Mayo-MacLeod Clan."

A family photo from a reunion in the summer.

From Rachael from Winnipeg, Manitoba. "Flying bridesmaid."

Bridesmaid, Rachael emulating the seagulls at Ocean Park in Maine on her brother's wedding day.

From Megan, Peterborough, Ontario

"This picture was taken moments after Abby was born in April. It reminds me that I would do and could do what I thought I couldn't for the love of my little one."

From Marion in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  "Breezy Wedding Shot."

"I am incredibly blessed to have amazing people in our family who love God and each other.  How wonderful to be able to celebrate together!"

Until next year, keep snapping photos and making memories.  Cannot wait to see this year's photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment